Will consider on getting a 2nd one?

MegaZero

To everyone who already owns a CTX700, would you consider getting another for maybe a family member or friend? I am just wondering so be sure to help me solve my problem!

Tell us why and would u buy/suggest it to!

andrew172

As in consider giving one as a gift to someone? It would depend really... if they had expressed extreme interest in it. The CTX really is mainly aimed at beginners so if my friend had been riding for years, I probably wouldn't. But if it was a friend who just wanted their first bike then sure!

vulcan

I have been riding for quite a few years on a lot bigger, more powerful bikes. Bought a CTX 700 recently and love it.
It's not necessarily a beginner bike.
I want my wife to ride it so she will buy one for herself. She has been riding for about 7 years and recently sold her 2006 Kawasaki 900.
I think she would enjoy the CTX more, lighter weight, more responsive, same power and 100 pounds lighter.

Trellum

I don't own this bike, but I've test rode it. I must say I was quite impressed, but I'm not sure I'd like to buy a second one for a loved one. I'm a very realistic person ,and I know things can go wrong anytime, specially when you are riding a bike. I'm not meaning to sound pessimistic, but what if the person I give that bike to has an accident while riding it? I'd have that in my conscience for life. The bike is awesome and great for newbies, but I don't think I can take such a huge step.

margarito

As in consider giving one as a gift to someone? It would depend really... if they had expressed extreme interest in it. The CTX really is mainly aimed at beginners so if my friend had been riding for years, I probably wouldn't. But if it was a friend who just wanted their first bike then sure!

Well, I think it is one of the best suggestions for you to opt this bike. If it is a gift then I think it majorly depends on the receiver's interest. If he is highly interested in having this bike then he surely enjoys your gift and in turn it makes you both satisfied. It will be quite dissatisfying if he seriously wanted to have another bike as his dream and you gift another one. If you don't have any choice it is you who had the experience with this bike, so you decide whether to have a second one or not.

bala

Well,if the case is for use by my family,i wouldn't recommend a second bike,but if it is for our relatives or near and dear ones,i obviously would.That said,i haven't had the chance to ride this bike.I don't even know if this is coming over to the Indian sub-continent.This looks good,probably it is ..for driving too.

novasparker

Its an expensive gift idea, however I think at its something that someone with the means might consider if they are also bike enthusiasts. Of course, I don't have this bike in particular, so I don't know if I would recommend it or give it to someone else as a gift, but if the opportunity arose for me to try it out specifically and I liked it enough to buy it for myself then I wouldn't have a problem buying one for someone else. I have purchased a Harley for a friend in order to have a riding buddy one year.

Stallion

You mean a CTX700 as a gift for someone? Well why not, because if you like the bike and are also recommending it then no harm in gifting it to someone. But make sure that he or she is an experienced rider because beginners may not be able to handle it too well.

novasparker

I think it all depends on whether or not you like the bike enough that you would recommend it to the level of giving it to someone else. I don't have any hands on experience with this motorcycle since its not currently available in the US, but if I rode one and liked it enough to buy it...I can only imagine that I would fee confident enough in endorsing it enough to give it to someone else.

firelily99

I don't see myself getting another one, I really am feeling like that I am driving well enough that I can move up. I put a lot of miles on last summer so I gained some excellent experience. Its a nice bike but want to try something with a little bit more power.