Vegans or vegetarians?

willstat

Are there any vegans or vegetarians on the board? I recently converted to a vegan diet and it wasn't as hard as I expected. I was a vegetarian for the 7 years before I switched to veganism. The only thing I miss is the cheese on pizza. I am really happy that I made the change. I feel great.

Trellum

Not a vegetarian, but I'm considering a raw vegetarian diet :) I'm trying to cut the carbs and sugar from my diet, so a raw diet could do me a lot good. I don't know how you do it. What does the rest of your family eat? Are they vegans as well? I can't really think of changing my diet to a raw vegetarian one, because I have to make food for other people in the house :( The low carb diet I'm following is restrictive enough.

willstat

Do it! You'll feel better within a few weeks, I guarantee it. The rest of my family is omnivorous. They even barbecue in the winter on the porch. I don't mind. I know who I am, what I like and that's how things are going to be. I think they've accepted that I am different. You can still make food for others in the house and be a vegetarian. It's just a little bit more difficult to hold onto your willpower.

Trellum

I will try, to be honest AI'm not a big fan of meat, but I definitely LOVE eating fish! My weakness is fish schnitzel, I could live the rest of my life without eating beef or chicken, because to be honest I really dislike the way chicken taste. I totally love sea food as well!! But I suffer from a condition that requires me to cut carbs from my diet, as well as sugar... and well most processed foods :( It's really hard to change your lifestyle like this, but I will survive. I might try going raw, a raw vegetarian diet, not sure about vegan tho ;) We will see! What kind of benefits have you noticed since you went vegan?

willstat

I will try, to be honest AI'm not a big fan of meat, but I definitely LOVE eating fish! My weakness is fish schnitzel, I could live the rest of my life without eating beef or chicken, because to be honest I really dislike the way chicken taste. I totally love sea food as well!! But I suffer from a condition that requires me to cut carbs from my diet, as well as sugar... and well most processed foods :( It's really hard to change your lifestyle like this, but I will survive. I might try going raw, a raw vegetarian diet, not sure about vegan tho ;) We will see! What kind of benefits have you noticed since you went vegan?

I can't stand fish. I'm actually allergic and I carry an epi pen for my food allergies. I can't kiss my hubby after he eats fish or I'll get sick. It is that bad! I've never even heard of fish schnitzel. Yes, get rid of the processed foods. They are killers. I've had a boat load of benefits since turning vegetarian and vegan. I've lost a good amount of weight, became a more creative cook, started my own garden and just feel more energized in general.

Trellum

Sorry to hear about your allergy, actually I'm not surprised to hear about fish allergies, because I've even seen what fish can do to some people. I feel sorry for you, because it seems you have a really bad allergy :( and isn't that hard to come across with fish or something that was in contact with it! As for the benefits you listed, I must say that's completely amazing :)

blackouts

Sorry fro getting in so late but I constantly switch between a vegetarian and vegan diet. I feel better eating all vegan but it can be hard with work and family not being so supportive.

Chaos

I am a powerlifter so for me this is not an option, I need good quality proteins every day. I eat many fruits and vegetables during the day for the vitamins, minerals and fiber content, but I also need meat, eggs and milk products.

Trellum

Sorry fro getting in so late but I constantly switch between a vegetarian and vegan diet. I feel better eating all vegan but it can be hard with work and family not being so supportive.

Wow, why did you decide to become a vegan? That lifestyle change can be a really tough one! I think vegetarian is a bit more restrictive, but vegan is completely hardcore! I don't think I could be able to live without cheese, sour cream or cream cheese :O No idea how you people do it, I could be vegetarian, but not sure about vegan.

firelily99

I'm not a vegetarian but I eat a diet that mainly consists of vegetables and protein that primarily is dairy based. I find red meat really makes me draggy after I eat it and for the most part I don't miss having it. I love fish and seafood too much to give it up.

MegaZero

Being a vegetarian has it ups and downs, like all things. Personally I am not but I was for a few months until I just couldn't take it anymore.

But, all the best to everyone that are vegans because it really is healthy for the body.

firelily99

I'm pretty close to being a vegetarian although I will eat chicken and fish, especially seafood. My dinner at night is usually a huge plate of steamed or grilled veggies and maybe some cottage cheese.