Should I go for a custom paint job?

hondazooom

I have always had this fantasy of having a bike with flames. Don't ask why, it's just something I like.

Specifically, I want to have my bike painted baby blue with yellow accents on the front and silver flames along the sides. I've had this image in my head since I was a kid.

Think I should do it?

LALUCIEN

I suppose, if its a dream of yours to have a bike that looks like that, like you said, since you were a kid then go on and make that dream come true.
Some people have dreams that are so far out of their power to make a reality that they loose sight and hope of them.
You've still got yours and its within your reach, go get it!

Trellum

I'd say ''just do it''! Don't care what the others think! If it's been your longtime dream since you were a child to have your bike painted in that specific color and with that design, then just freaking do it man! ;) Just go for it and don't mind what the others say, because people always have something bad to say! Just ignore them if they do.

Danch

You've already detailed exactly how you're going to paint the bike. The colors you chose are quite unique, so the bike will stand apart. Just make sure you have the exact color scheme on your computer, so the workshop doesn't have a problem understanding your instructions.

It's a matter of choice, but you can never be more careful. Some new idea my hit you on the way. Enjoy your new-look bike.

Brew

Just remember you'll diminish the re-sale value if you ever plan on selling or trading it though. We were shopping for a used bike for my 19 y/o son and the ones that had wild paint jobs were marked well below those that were stock.
Just saying:cool:

willstat

Just remember you'll diminish the re-sale value if you ever plan on selling or trading it though. We were shopping for a used bike for my 19 y/o son and the ones that had wild paint jobs were marked well below those that were stock.
Just saying:cool:

This is how I feel too. I considered changing the pain on my black bike but decided against it in the end in case I want to upgrade to a newer ctx model within the next year or so. A custom paint job would reduce the re-sale value and that is very important to me. Part of my reasoning to get the ctx in the first place was to save money on gas. This is a very economical way to commute.

Chaos

I don't think that this bike will look good with a flame paint design. That is more suitable for choppers, and this is not a chopper. I advise you to look for another paint job like: metallic paint with stripes or a tribal decal.

Chaos

I hate when I see flames on a bike, to me it's so cliche.

Flames look amazing on some bikes and even on some old school cars but modern bikes have a different look which is more docile and is like putting a spike collar on a chihuahua: funny but in the same time silly. See the bike in the photo and tell me then that it doesn't look amazing with the flame artwork.

firelily99

At some point I will probably have a custom paint job but its only going to be a color change and nothing else. I have had my eye on a specific type of teal blue that I absolutely love! I probably won't get it painted until the Fall - once I am in riding season I don't want to stop until the weather forces me to.

Merlin III

At some point I will probably have a custom paint job but its only going to be a color change and nothing else. I have had my eye on a specific type of teal blue that I absolutely love! I probably won't get it painted until the Fall - once I am in riding season I don't want to stop until the weather forces me to.

Well did you do it Firelily99? If so, what did it cost you?

Athena

Wait till Honda comes out with additional colors. Right now they have red, black and white. I suspect blue will come soon.