I've always wanted to paint a bike like this

slayeraeb

I would suggest go with what you like and the metallic purple is not a bad color.. It will get people attention for sure when your riding.

casscillac

besides it doen't matter if none understand the color as long as it's cool to you I mean you paid for it so you should do your understands of colors and adds to it.

auroraantoinette

I would suggest go with what you like and the metallic purple is not a bad color.. It will get people attention for sure when your riding.

Right it would get people's attention. I feel like it might get some police attention as well though, and i'm not really someone who wants alot of attention haha :cool:

kateric99

My friend once had a bright yellow Honda (I don't know the model, it was a long time ago) and it was stunningly beautiful!
If that's the color you like, all you need to do is to get it painted! Go for it, pal!

auroraantoinette

My friend once had a bright yellow Honda (I don't know the model, it was a long time ago) and it was stunningly beautiful!
If that's the color you like, all you need to do is to get it painted! Go for it, pal!

Nice, I'm not a big fan of yellow but i do think this paint job will be beautiful. But a paint job alone is around $300-$500 :(

jasonwright

I disagree because I think the purple metallic colour will ruin the sleekness of the bike. You should go for a solid black colour with some red tints to it. That would look BOSS!!

Beanbags

I'd like to eventually have a deep black and bright polished metal. I just think thats a really good combination.

kateric99

Why don't you have both? :D

Has anyone made any modifications to the body kit or struts?

I've personally thought about it, but haven't yet done it to my bike :)
I have a friend that owns a little bike shop, and he tells me he could it for me. I don't know though, it's still a tough decision to make :D

jasonwright

I like that paint job. How much does a custom paint job on a ctx700 cost? Not a top dollar high finish paint job but an ordinary one?

ctx

Go for it man - love that colour. It's very out there; very alien-like. I know some friends who have bikes that have been painted in a very similar way and they always get noticed. I know some people think purple has feminine or other non-masculine connotations but honestly, who cares? People need to get over that and fast.

LALUCIEN

I've always liked the two tone dark green to purple paint that you get on the TVR's sometimes. I would love to get my bike sprayed like that.

Like everyone has said, just do your thing. It's your bike and your money to do up as you please. Make that bike yours!