Getting groceries while biking

willstat

Have you ever ridden your bike to the market and picked up groceries? I did it once when my car was out of service. I brought a backpack. It was a little odd walking through the market with a backpack on. I think people suspected me of stealing. I got a hand cart full of items and rode back home with them in the backpack.

Trellum

I have never tried doing that, but I tried something similar when I was working and living in Norway. I used the bus a lot because I didn't have access to a car back then, so I had to take a backpack with me. Back then I was really young, so I didn't even think people could suspect I'd steal something because of the backpack. I just got it the store, did my grocery shopping, put it inside the backpack and took it home :)

Chaos

When I have to buy only a few things I always take my bike. I have a big backpack that I also use when I go hiking, and I can carry in it quite a few things. I saw some bikes with a kind of basket mounted on the bike tail, but I never liked how it looks so I prefer the backpack.

This guys are the experts:
motorcycle.jpg
Heavy-load-balancing.jpg

hbmm

why was it strange walking with a backpack on? haha, people wear backpacks all the time over here.

Trellum

When I have to buy only a few things I always take my bike. I have a big backpack that I also use when I go hiking, and I can carry in it quite a few things. I saw some bikes with a kind of basket mounted on the bike tail, but I never liked how it looks so I prefer the backpack.

View attachment 31
View attachment 32

LOL, awesome pics, I wish I was that brave. You actually reminded me of the time I used to live in Norway, since we had no car... I used to take a backpack with me everytime I knew I'd be going downtown. I just bought several things and put them inside, took a bus and went directly home... sweetest memories ever, thanks for reminding me that! My eyes almost got teary, lol. But yeah, backpacks are very useful, I never felt weird walking around with one (a very bulky one, btw), but now that I'm older I might :p

margarito

I often bring groceries home on bike whenever the quantity is limited. We don't have the habit of getting all the things in bulk at a time. So it was normally an easy task for me to handle it. I completely rely on bike for every single and capable use. :)

margarito

View attachment 31
View attachment 32

LOL! These pics are extremely funny. But in reality we come across such scenes on roads in few countries and it is precisely not a wonder for few. The second one seems really funny and hats off to that lady who sat there with extreme bravery :D May be she has pretty good confidence on the man who is driving out there.
Then how come we can describe such person? :p :D
images.jpg

jonnypop

WOW! some of those pics are hardcore to the bone! Maybe westerners will complain less about lack of storage on their motorcycles in future.

JayGould

My bike has a small compartment underneath my seat that I can store a small amount of groceries in but it's not useful for a weekly/monthly shop for example, I need to either get a taxi or get a lift from someone else if I want to do that kind of shop.

andrew172

I usually do a weekly shop and come home with a trunk full of groceries for us. I'd need about five backpacks to fit everything in!

andrew172

why was it strange walking with a backpack on? haha, people wear backpacks all the time over here.

Yeah, indeed- people over here wear backpacks very often too! There aren't a whole lot of other options on how to carry stuff!

firelily99

That's some crazy stuff!! Necessity is the mother of invention! I've gotten groceries while on my bike but only what would fit into a pack.

MegaZero

I would prefer using the car to get groceries. But if it is only some small things like bread or eggs, then I don't mind bringing out my bike for a spin!

And LOL at the pictures!

andrew172

I would prefer using the car to get groceries. But if it is only some small things like bread or eggs, then I don't mind bringing out my bike for a spin!

And LOL at the pictures!

Bread and eggs can fir in a backpack pretty easily. Sadly I can never go grocery shopping without coming out with enough food to feed the five thousand, so it will alsways have to be the car for me.

Scottie

I have never tired to bring groceries on my bike. I think that would feel odd and would make the bike extremely hard to ride.

Those pics are crazy! The one with the cow had me in tears, I looked at it for about 5 minutes straight wondering how the hell is he riding wiht that beast on his bike! I would shake his hand if I met him! lol He is awesome!

kevicon

I get groceries all the time on my NC700x. Easy peasy. :)

I love the CTX but I know I would miss my frunk big time if I didn't have it. Guess I'll just have to have 2 bikes :'(

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk