Ever thought of ditching the car and keep your bike only?

Trellum

This is a serious question I've been making to myself lately, mostly because I'm finding it almost impossible to keep up with the fact gas is just rising and rising! My car doesn't seem to use a lot cas, but I still dread going to the gas station. I've been thinking that maybe ditching the car in the future would be a good option, but I'm not sure if I could make it. I think of things like: what if it rains? what if it's too hot or too cold? what if I need to leave the house at night? That kind of things stop me from ditching the car. I guess I could ask my boyfriend to take me places once I move with him and is raining outside.

Have you ever thought of ditching your car for a bike? Using your bike as you main means of transport?

andrew172

I would never ditch my car... for all those reasons you mentioned. It's just too practical. Also I just really love holding my girlfriends hand when I'm driving. For me the bike is just a toy for a sunny day really. If anything was getting ditched, it would be the bike, sorry to say.

Trellum

LOL, fair enough! With this rising gas prices I'm having a lot doubts, but I don't really think I'll be ditching my car in the near future, specially once the family grows and I've to take the kids to and from the school. Too bad gas prices are killing me!

andrew172

LOL, fair enough! With this rising gas prices I'm having a lot doubts, but I don't really think I'll be ditching my car in the near future, specially once the family grows and I've to take the kids to and from the school. Too bad gas prices are killing me!

Yeah I doubt that the little ones would be able to hitch a ride on your bike! Still, you could always just look for a car that has excellent miles per gallon stats.

firelily99

I'd love to ditch the car but until I live in a place that doesn't get tons of snow each winter I'm better off keeping the trusty Subaru. Someday I will, SOMEDAY!

andrew172

I'd love to ditch the car but until I live in a place that doesn't get tons of snow each winter I'm better off keeping the trusty Subaru. Someday I will, SOMEDAY!

I hate dealing with snow and vehicles, it's such a nightmare! Sometimes it's better to just walk wherever you need to be!

Scottie

No, I have never thought of ditching the car and keep your bike only because there will be times that the car would be needed, times where the bike is completely useless.