Do you like bike racing in games?

kateric99

I have to say my love for motorcycles in general started with a bike racing video game. It was some obscure NES game, I was a kid at the time and I can't remember the name of the game for the love of me.
Thing is, I used to play it nonstop. Gradually bikes started to become a real passion for me. I started collecting magazines and so forth.
I used to play GTA: Vice City just for the fun of riding those wicked bikes.
What about you guys? Do you enjoy riding in your video games?

MikaelShore

Motorcycles in games are always a plus. MotoGP is one of my favs. The recent GTA games are great when it comes to bikes. The game physics are realistic. Just seeing how far you get flung around after a crash pretty cool. Of course in real life that wouldn't be too cool. But that's the great part of video games. You stay in one piece. :)

kateric99

Motorcycles in games are always a plus. MotoGP is one of my favs. The recent GTA games are great when it comes to bikes. The game physics are realistic. Just seeing how far you get flung around after a crash pretty cool. Of course in real life that wouldn't be too cool. But that's the great part of video games. You stay in one piece. :)

I know exactly what you mean! In Vice City I installed some custom mods that altered gravity and bike stability which made you pretty much the ultimate bike racer :D
Pulling stunts in a Sanchez with a smoking Tommy Vercetti was probably the coolest thing you could ever do in a video game :D

jace

Total agree the game physics now a days are realistic and it is fun seeing how far they end up from the scene. To me racing games are the best but i still prefer shooting games anytime of the day. But GTA is all-in-one for me and i love it. You can shoot and drive which is awesome. Best of both world.

raowens19

I am a huge fan of bike racing in games! I absolutely love video games and every single one that I have ever played containing bike racing has been very exciting and fun. I absolutely love racing games of any sort so it comes as no surprise to myself that I love them. But I would also suggest bike racing games to anyone who enjoys video games. They are truly exciting.

LALUCIEN

I am a fan of motorcycle racing games but can't help but always be disappointed by everyone one that I have played from 'Red Zone' on my Amiga 500 when I was a kid right up to now with the latest Moto GP.

They just never seem to work how I Expect them to in my mind. The speeding and braking always seems so stiff as does the cornering. Nothing like the tele and certainly nowhere near as fun as GTA! If there were a Moto game with a physics engine similar to GTA or a Moto game that was more centre around fun than realism then that would be a winner I reckon. I don't mean Motocross type games either, I mean like Gran Turismo Style Real but, fun game play with loads of customization options.

ballas123

My love for motorbikes started when i recently acquired my Honda CBR! It is not much but I am only starting off. It's a 150 cc so as soon as I get use to its power, I will upgrade gladly. I now am looking into investing in a motorbike game of some sort.

Trellum

To be honest I don't find bike rracing video games that appealing, I mean, why would I play a bike racing video game when I can just go get my bike and ride it? :cool: My love for bikes started when my cousin took me for a ride on his bike :eek:

Last edited:

wander_n_wonder

I personally don't like any games for that matter. So even though I like biking in real life, I don't think I will get hooked up in a biking game. I think it could be addicting later on, that's why I don't bother to start it.

hbmm

Yes I love it haha, there is a downloaded game on the xbox you can play with other players and it's so funny. I don't know what its called but its like dirt bike racing and is lots of fun:)

Trellum

I personally don't like any games for that matter. So even though I like biking in real life, I don't think I will get hooked up in a biking game. I think it could be addicting later on, that's why I don't bother to start it.

Wow, really?? You don't like any kind of game?? Then what do you do when you have some time off? I understand not liking biking video games tho, I'm more interested in car video games ;) I think riding a bike in real life is exciting enough. By the way, you are right, some video games are super addictive!

willstat

There are not that many motorcycle racing games on the market, unfortunately. I do prefer to ride around town on motorcycles in the grand theft auto games. If you hit one of the hidden jump locations it will switch to a cinematic viewpoint and the motorcycles look extra cool from those camera angle. Riding the bikes in that game are so much more fun than traditional cars, though you do fall off more.

Chaos

I just played the new Dirt game and is amazing, but there are no bikes in it. When is a rainy day and I can't ride my bike I play GTA or Moto GP both games having some nice classic and modern bikes with realistic driving mechanics.

JayGould

I enjoyed the old racing games a few years back that weren't too focused on letting the viewer choose between 4000 colours and which spoiler to use, it ruins the actual experience of racing, so nowadays I don't play any racing games :(

jonnypop

ROAD RASH was the ultimate biker game on the mega drive and the remake on N64 was still pretty good also.

I do love biking around on the gta games also. Fun stuff.

andrew172

I like playing those biker games in arcades, where you can actually mount the bike. I also like getting them in Grand Theft Auto, some of them handle really well in that game!

firelily99

I like playing bike racing but I'm not very good at it. I prefer games that I can fly around in a helicopter and blow stuff up!

bala

When i was a kid ROAD RASH used to fascinate me,and my craze with that bike racing later evolved some kind of mature gaming.i started Moto-GP and other addictive gaming materials.It is this,which moulded me into a biker actually.had i not been into those games,i would been like a kid cycling my way to college