2014 CTX700 auto shift test

Chaos

We all know that the new 2014 CTX700 automatic transmission is perfect for beginners and for ladies but lets see what an experienced rider thinks about this little bike.

Trellum

It kinda upsets me when people thing an automatic transmission is the best for a woman :p I'm a woman and I've been driving a car with a manual transmission, and I actually enjoy the maneuvering part of gear shifting ;) I'd say an automatic transmission is suitable for some women, but not for all ;)

hbmm

I'm a woman to and this upsets me, in the uk practically everything is manual anyway! it seems strange when people drive automatic in this country. it's seen as being a bit lazy haha

Trellum

Oh really? Everything seems to be manual in the Netherlands and Norway as well :) I guess this is the norm in Europe. I learn to drive manual cars, so an automatic renasmission for me is just like meh! Automatic transmissions can be really convenient, but they really aren't my thing.

andrew172

I'm also from the UK where everything is manual, and when buying a car in the US I found that I actually had difficulty when finding a manual! Automatic just does seem lazier, almost as if you're driving a go kart! I don't understand why just because it's automatic means that's it's marketed towards women though. Anyone can enjoy a manual gear shift.

Trellum

Hhaahaha, driving a go kart! You just mentioned the perfect example of what driving an automatic car actually feels like!! I just don't get the fascination they have in america for automatic cars, it seems people over there avoid driving manuals like the plague! I tried to sell my manual one, but it was almost impossible because most people prefer to drive automatic cars in America. Glad I might be going back to the Netherlands where they actually like to drive manual cars ;)

andrew172

Hhaahaha, driving a go kart! You just mentioned the perfect example of what driving an automatic car actually feels like!! I just don't get the fascination they have in america for automatic cars, it seems people over there avoid driving manuals like the plague! I tried to sell my manual one, but it was almost impossible because most people prefer to drive automatic cars in America. Glad I might be going back to the Netherlands where they actually like to drive manual cars ;)

Hahah, someone who understands! yeah I moved to America from England so it was a bit of a culture shock for me.... I don't want to call americans lazy but I don't understand what reason someone could have for not wanting to use manual... I hate not having enough control of the car or feeling the satisfying *shift* of the gears!