What was your first bike?

kateric99

The title says it all. Share your experiences regarding the first time you rode a bike.
Unfortunately for me I still don't have my license, even though I already got some lessons.
I'm really interested in hearing other people's experiences though.

purplesea

My very first bike was a dirtbike. I believe it was a little 50cc Honda. I absolutely loved it! Would like to hear others' stories as well!

purplesea

For 2014, Honda motorcycles is adding a new series to the family: the CTX. CTX stands for Comfort, Technology and eXperience – these motorcycles have been engineered and designed to be tailored for the rider. Honda says they are “focusing on class-leading comfort, easy-to-operate features and versatility.” The CTX motorcycles will have the same engine as the NC700X, the 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin, and it will have the same ride ability as the NC700X.

Wow! That is something! Don't let the power go to your head. Enjoy your new bike!

jace

Wow! That is something! Don't let the power go to your head. Enjoy your new bike!

My first bike i was basically what most people call scooter. It look just like the one in your profile picture @kateric99. Very old school now but i loved it and it got me here and there.

raowens19

My first bike ever was a little razor scooter! I loved it and I would always take it out onto the road and ride around on it when I was a young kid. It was so fun to just coast on it through my neighborhood streets while having the wing blow through my hair. It was one of the best memories I can recollect from my childhood. It got me started on my interest in bikes.

LALUCIEN

My first bike was a Chinese import I got from Ebay when I first passed my CBT.
It was a 'Longjia Madness125 (125cc) 4-Stroke engine.
Cost me £500 including postage and I had to put the front wheel on myself. I Also had to register it with the DVLA I think because it was a brand new import. But that was no hassle at all thank God.
It was a decent little twist and go moped. I think I got up to 55Mph on it, which everyone said was slow for a 125 (and it probably is) but for me it was loads! I loved it in and around town ( I live in London ).

The bike lasted about two years with a lot of heavy riding. I crashed it once in to the back of a car that decided last m^nute he wasn't getting off the roundabout and pulled into my lane, then braked braked because a guy to the right of me was coming into the same lane ahead of me. I had no chance of stopping and went over the top! I was fine, but the front of µy poor bike was a bit smashed up. Nothing a lil fibre glass and some new bulbs didn't fix though.

It did have a few problems in the quality of the manufacturing though, the main one being that the exhaust fittings are a cheap Die-cast type metal that because of the heat generated from the exhaust gets too hot and eventually breaks away at the bolts holding the exhaust to the bike frame.
I had to weld it back together which wasn't too easy as like I said, the metal is a die-cast type that weld doesn't take to, so I had to file it døwn to the bare metal under the cast layer. I also used a special chemical bonding metal glue that uses shavings of metal to bond metal together. I used that in the break then welded on top of it. It never broke again!

The only other problem I had was that the battery compartment with is located in the center of the foot rest is not sealed and in no way watertight so when it rained, the compartment would fill up with water submerging the battery which resulted in the bike not starting, suddenly dying and just a general lack of power :(

I solved that by first drilling 4 small hole in the bottom of the compartment for drainage then using a rubbery glue around the edge of the compartment top to seal it (as much as pos). Done the trick and the compartment never flooded again.

Trellum

My first and only bike is a bolt, I bought it quite recently, but I'm thinking of switching it for a CTX700 :eek: I'm not very sure when tho, because I'm really low on cash right now :mad: