Throttle control

birkana

I have a new 2016 Ctx 700 and enjoy long rides. Several hundred miles. Does anyone have any suggestion for a throttle control to help with hand fatigue. Thanks for any help.
Diana

Steven

I have one one similar to the Kuryakyn Universal Econo-Throttle Assist.

https://www.amazon.com/Kuryakyn-621...8&qid=1477717620&sr=1-5&keywords=VISTA+CRUISE

I have used these for about 35 years and they work well. The thing to remember about these is that you have to disengage them before hitting the brakes. It becomes a reflex action after awhile. You can still turn the throttle when locked because it's a friction lock.

There is another similar one that disengages when you hit the brakes but it's very expensive.

https://www.brakeawayproducts.com/

There are other types, each with their pluses and minuses.

Last edited:

randy1149

There's several different types and prices of throttle controls. Here's the one I used LINK for $20. I choose this type because it was the simplest easiest install with no moving of existing handlebar controls. I then made a slight mod to adjust it to me and my bike. The mod is posted HERE. It is a home made version of the more expensive adjustable version of this type of throttle control HERE.

You have to be very careful on all these throttle controls that lock the throttle control mechanically. They have their pluses and minuses.

If I did a lot or touring with hundred of miles a day I would put an electronic throttle control instead of the mechanical one. They work better and safer... but very expensive.

Last edited:

MJC

Super Moderator
I had the Kuryakyn throttle assist on a bike before getting my ctx700, I did not like the bar that goes from the throttle grip to the handlebars to hold the unit in place. plus there was too many bolts/parts that could get lost. So on the ctx700 I went with the Go Cruise/2wheelride GCA1bk Universal Throttle Lock, works fine and takes up less room on the grip and no bar blocking the start button.

Steven

I had the Kuryakyn throttle assist on a bike before getting my ctx700, I did not like the bar that goes from the throttle grip to the handlebars to hold the unit in place. plus there was too many bolts/parts that could get lost. So on the ctx700 I went with the Go Cruise/2wheelride GCA1bk Universal Throttle Lock, works fine and takes up less room on the grip and no bar blocking the start button.

The bar on mine goes over the top and doesn't block anything.