So, What is it to be, XBOX ONE OR PS4!?

LALUCIEN

Okay, so a few of us here are probably gamers right? ( I know I am )

I currently own an XBOX 360 And an iMac running Windows Vista on a bootcamp partition to play games. I am now considering though, upgrading my gaming machine to one of the newer next gen consoles. The question is, which one?

What are your thoughts and opinions on either console?

LALUCIEN

You know,
now that I'm thinking about things, I might just upgrade my PC with some more RAM and a new graphics card.
I already have a 2.5Ghz Intel Quad-Core with 12Gb RAM, which is very fast and powerful. Maybe I'll double my RAM to 32Gb and add in a 2Gb Graphics card, oh and add another Hard drive just for games?

What do you guys reckon?

Trellum

I'll go for the PS4, but I must admit I'm not very happy about it, mostly because you can't play old PS games with it. If you have PS3, PS2 & PS1 games then you will have to buy them again off steam if you want to be able to play them with your PS4 :/ That's so greedy! I'll be using my PC as my main gaming console, as usual. I like to have the PS4/PS3 just in case a good ps-only game comes out.

willstat

I am buying both. I own almost every console made but for the jaguar, commodore 64, virtual boy, wii u and sega cd. I have every other system including atari. So, there's no way that I would miss out on either of these two consoles. I think that xbox one is going to have sluggish sales compared to ps4 at the outset as microsoft has made a mistake by focusing on an all in one entertainment center.

Chaos

I have a PC so I play on a console just the exclusive games like The Last of Us or GTA V. Now I have a PS3 and it does it's job well but in the near future I plan purchasing a PS4 because it has better specs than the Xbox one.

JayGould

Neither, gaming PC for me will always be my little baby and nobody can do anything to stop it :D I've been investing in my PC (daily use so it's worth it!) for about 3 years now or so, the overall cost has come out more than a console admittedly but I love my little baby and I wouldn't change it for anything :)

andrew172

PS4 does have better specs than the Xbox One. Not as good as a gaming PC but still good. The Steambox however, has better specs than all three (though some gaming computers will be better than it). It's gonna be a real console killer!

andrew172

You know,
now that I'm thinking about things, I might just upgrade my PC with some more RAM and a new graphics card.
I already have a 2.5Ghz Intel Quad-Core with 12Gb RAM, which is very fast and powerful. Maybe I'll double my RAM to 32Gb and add in a 2Gb Graphics card, oh and add another Hard drive just for games?

What do you guys reckon?

That could be worth it, especially if you're more of a PC gamer. Those specs would be able to handle more hardcore mods.

Scottie

For you, Xbox One all the way. It is so much more of an entertainment system then a PS4. So many more features that you can use that PS4 doesn't have. For example, you are playing Cod and waiting for players to join your lobby. Just say Xbox, open Netflix and it will pop up on the side for you to watch. Right when your game starts you can minimize it. You can also hook up your cable box, which is cool