Electrical bikes

kateric99

I've been researching a lot and can't seem to find any conclusive answers.
Are there any reliable 100% electrical bikes? I know it's still an early concept, but what are your opinions on it?
Are they worth it? :confused:

auroraantoinette

There never going to be %100 reliable, no bike is. There will always be risks of malfunctions or defects, but electric bikes will work if you have the power to charge them and it actually charges. Besides that there great for saving money.

kateric99

There never going to be %100 reliable, no bike is. There will always be risks of malfunctions or defects, but electric bikes will work if you have the power to charge them and it actually charges. Besides that there great for saving money.

I totally agree. Hopefully they'll improve this new technology so that it'll be a real suitable option for the future.

MikaelShore

I looked into electric motorcycles a while back. This is the earliest video I can remember involving an electric motorcycle. The technology will get better and surpass any preliminary prototypes currently available. As with any motorcycle, just choose something that isn't too powerful for your level of experience.

kateric99

I looked into electric motorcycles a while back. This is the earliest video I can remember involving an electric motorcycle. The technology will get better and surpass any preliminary prototypes currently available. As with any motorcycle, just choose something that isn't too powerful for your level of experience.

Wow, that is super!
That looks really great! Up until then I thought they only made those scooter-like electricals, but that just blew me away!
Great share, I'm excited now :D

jace

Yes it is a great way to save money. If you want to save money then just invest in a electric scooter. It might not go as fast but it will get you where you need to go. If you have a money to spend then invest in a gas powered bike.

kateric99

Yes it is a great way to save money. If you want to save money then just invest in a electric scooter. It might not go as fast but it will get you where you need to go. If you have a money to spend then invest in a gas powered bike.

A friend of mine has an electrical scooter, it even has pedals! :D
It doesn't go very fast, but it must be awesome to feel that you won't ever need to pay for fuel (he has a solar panel installed, so he's not buying electricity either).

avadarling

There are electrical cars! I've never heard of bikes though. I'll have to check out some info on that, I'll come back and let you know what I found

raowens19

As the previous posters have said before me, they will not ever be 100 percent reliable. It would be a good investment. However, if it were to be your primary source of transportation, that would be a horrific idea. It would work well as a secondary source of tranportation.

LALUCIEN

A friend of mine has an electrical scooter, it even has pedals! :D
It doesn't go very fast, but it must be awesome to feel that you won't ever need to pay for fuel (he has a solar panel installed, so he's not buying electricity either).

I like the sound of having a few solar panels on the machine as well as being able to charge it from a mains power source, that way after you've charged up the daylight can keep you topped up as you're out and about.

I think a lot of us don't have too much faith in electrical powered vehicles because battery technology seems to be developing relatively slow compared to other things like micro-processor technology and gadgets/apps etc.

All these new phones and devices coming out are great but I would sacrifice 10mps download speeds for a battery that lasted all day any day!

The same with our vehicles, why not just install a few solar panels. Pat of me really believes that its because there is just too much profit to be made from oil.

I remember quite a number of years ago when water powered cars were first being mentioned as actually viable and and being in production that it got swept under the rug and I haven't heard about production of water powered cars again. Have any of you?

wander_n_wonder

I've been researching a lot and can't seem to find any conclusive answers.
Are there any reliable 100% electrical bikes? I know it's still an early concept, but what are your opinions on it?
Are they worth it? :confused:

My friend has one in Japan and it gives her trouble all the time. She ends up just having to pedal manually, which is such a pain if you are travelling in longer distances. Perhaps it's good for very short errands only around your neighborhood.

hbmm

I've not heard of electrical bikes but I like the sound of them. I would love to do a bit of research into them. I hope they start making some good ones soon

Trellum

Oh my... that crash was awful! Poor guy! I knew something was terribly wrong when I saw all that white smoke coming out and i heard that loud sound when he started it. I have never had the chance to ride an electric bike, but this video gave me the impression the bike is the one controling the fate of the driver. I mean... look how bad that poor guy crashed while he was riding that thing! He looked like a freaking human dart. I don't know about you guys, but I don't think I'll be risking it with one of those bikes anytime soon.

Stallion

Electrical bikes while being good for the environment are not 100% reliable as of now. The technology needs to develop further and I really do hope that I can use electrical bikes one day without any issue. I am always one for the environment so that the world becomes a cleaner place to live in.

The biggest challenge with electrical bikes is with the battery power. It simply cannot match other bikes when it comes to power. Besides charging the battery has its own issues - it is not as simple as puling up at the nearest gas station and filling it up.

Trellum

Yeah, I'd not use one now. I mean, just look at that, those things look like a sure way to get you killed on the road! I don't understand how they can be selling them, it's obvious those bikes need a further development! They need to invest more on that, they should do that until the product they create is 100% reliable. Unless they do that I'll keep saying no way!

But... seriously, the lack of power of this kind of bikes shouldn't be an issue at all, lol. Just imagine if they were as powerful as the ones that use gas... man, it'd be matter of time until you die riding that.

andrew172

I understand the attraction to electric bike I really do, and they certainly have some potential to be really great. But nothing beats the raw of a petrol fueled engine. You can't exactly be a diesel head if your bike (or car for that matter) doesn't take gas.

firelily99

Its going to be a few years before they iron out the kinks with the electric bikes but I think eventually they will replace the gas powered ones.

bala

E-bikes as they are popularly called seem to have struck a chord with the civilians.It may be baffling to note that nearly 75% of the population look up to other resources and e-bike seems to be one of those better choices.E-bikes may also be acronym-ed as Eco-friendly bikes.In accordance with your question,there doesn't seem a bike that can fulfill common man's need,for instance mileage,speed etc.They are surely worth the buck if you plan to contribute in reduction of global warming,but yes these are preliminary days.There shall be days when e-bikes shall rule the roost