Windshield Fasteners

burdicda

There is an ongoing thread about CTX700 windshield fasteners I thought I'd make this forum the place to get the FAQs

Windshield0.jpg

From ACE HARDWARE

#1 Metric button head screw 5-.80x20 $.55
#2 5mm flat metal washer $.11
#3 #10 x 1/2OD X 1/16T $.38
#5 Well Nut 5-.80 .85-5.9 (be careful there are two sizes) $3.19
#6 10mm flat metal washer $.20

Wellnutspecs.jpg

The well nut .85-5.9 measures 14.1mm long and is the correct one

You can always look it all up on Bikebandit or go directly to Honda and pay about 10 times this

Total cost out the door from ACE was $4.74 x 4 for the whole windshield is $18.96

pipster326

Thank you, I was thinking about getting a windscreen. Nice breakdown,of what I'll need. [emoji1360]

Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

burdicda

These parts are already on your bike from the factory
It's just that some people want to play around and mod their bikes and wind up without some of these parts...

pipster326

I always like to keep extra(spare) parts. I'm always losing or misplacing something!!! It's just good to know, what I would need and I always like to know,how much everything is gonna cost. I'm going to try and avoid the dealer, at all costs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ponydrvr

Food for thought:

I know the dealer parts are not cheap. Internet pricing is generally much less. IMHO, we do need to support our local dealers as much as possible. I know some dealers are not very competitive on pricing and some are just not nice to deal with. In many cases though it is our own fault. We ask for their help on difficult issues, get their guidance and then go to a different source for the parts or service. How do they sustain their operation under these conditions?

I am not blessed with deep pockets. I have always believed that you get what you pay for in most circumstances. I am fortunate enough to be able to do nearly all of my own maintainence. I do buy my parts, with the exception of tires, from the dealer though since I want them to be around in the future.

Steven

Agreed, I do the same, except my dealer is 50 miles away. We lost all of our dealers here, and we had them all at one time, except BMW and Harley. That was almost 40 years ago and they never came back.