Where is everyone? How are you?

MJC

Super Moderator
Hello Everyone, I was wondering where everyone is? How are you doing? And if the old members from the old site made it to this new site?
Steven, Randy, Dave etc. How about posting a update?

Well I am fine. Sold my CTX700 this past summer, miss it somewhat but moved on to a V Star 1300 Tour. I also buy and sell motorcycles part time so I get to take home whatever bike we have in stock (used).
I also repair and do maintenance work on motorcycles part time at home.

I check this site everyday just to see whats going on. And to see if anyone post something I maybe able to help them out with.

For 2020 I hope to go out to IN and see the grandkids, upstate NY to see the rest of them, and keep riding the Hudson Valley (NY) with my riding group. Some over night trips to Mass, CT, NH, PA and the Catskills hopefully too.

Hope you are all doing well and riding, mj

Woodswoman

I have been window shopping, so to speak, for new bags for "Flicker." The ones I have are not bad but have a few annoying things about them that have me looking at replacements. After 6 years, it's not like they owe me anything.

Think I have decided to go with these Pelican cases. They shouldn't look too out of place on such an unusual-looking beastie as the CTX700.

https://www.caseclub.com/product/pelican-air-1525-case/

I'm confident that my JFC brackets will support them.

Speaking of JFC ... for those who haven't heard, he passed away a few weeks ago. Cancer, what else? Too young.

MJC

Super Moderator
I have been window shopping, so to speak, for new bags for "Flicker." The ones I have are not bad but have a few annoying things about them that have me looking at replacements. After 6 years, it's not like they owe me anything.

Think I have decided to go with these Pelican cases. They shouldn't look too out of place on such an unusual-looking beastie as the CTX700.

https://www.caseclub.com/product/pelican-air-1525-case/

I'm confident that my JFC brackets will support them.

Speaking of JFC ... for those who haven't heard, he passed away a few weeks ago. Cancer, what else? Too young.

I think those bags are a little small. Cut up same boxes and make the cardboard into the same size as them bags and hold them next to your bike. This way you can get a feel for size.

I heard about JFC, RIP. I had two riding buddies pass away in two months, Cancer too.

mj

MJC

Super Moderator
Lost my very beloved uncle to cancer a week before Christmas. Ugh.
Sorry for your loss, may he RIP.
My Mom passed 8 years ago today, from ALS, and my Dad is dealing with cancer now. But is doing OK.

Ride on, mj

Woodswoman

I'm glad you joined us.

I know that in Germany there are many more options to add to the CTX700N than we have where I live in the United States. For example, it's difficult for us to obtain products from Fehling.

What have you added to your motorcycle so far? What do you plan to add or change?

MJC

Super Moderator
Hi everyone,
I am a CTX700 rider from Dresden, Germany!!

Left hand...
Miamoto
Welcome to the forum. My oldest and her family came back from Germany last year. They where there for 3 years. 1st thing they said and still say today is "wish we could go back". Even the grand-kids liked it there (15, 10 and 8).
Enjoy your ctx 700!

Miamoto

Thank you, MJC, the other way round, I spent many years in the USA. And I have always enjoyed my time! I am an experienced archer and visit every ATA show in Columbus/OH.
Over the years I have made many friends. We go bowhunting, barbecue, have a few beers and have a good time. I have ridden the 66 five times now, and it is always a lot of fun!
But now I am at an age where comfort is more important than the horsepower between my legs! That was the reason for the CTX700N with the DCT!

BobWitte

I'm glad you joined us.

I know that in Germany there are many more options to add to the CTX700N than we have where I live in the United States. For example, it's difficult for us to obtain products from Fehling.
....<snip>
JSYK, I've bought directly from Fehling (the engine bars) and had no problems whatsoever. Just that shipping does take a bit longer, but certainly quicker than getting Chinese Junk!

Miamoto

Thank you, MJC, the other way round, I spent many years in the USA. And I have always enjoyed my time! I am an experienced archer and visit every ATA show in Columbus/OH. Over the years I have made many friends. We go bowhunting, barbecue, have a few beers and have a good time. I have ridden the 66 five times now, and it is always a lot of fun! But now I am at an age where comfort is more important than the horsepower between my legs! That was the reason for the CTX700N with the DCT!