Filling with gas in California

2007drz

I am new to my 2018 CTX700 and today I went to a California AM/PM to fill it up for the first time. What a pain. I have had probably 12 street bikes while living in california and none were easy to fill because of the way the cali fuel hoses are but not a huge issue. Today was tough. Can't see the level and still get gas on my hands from holding the spring loaded end to the nozzle. Any suggestions from you california riders?

J Kevin

I have found the Calif. gas pumps are a pain. I always have a problem reading the pump if the sun is out. and I never seem to get a recite. I now fill up in my garage before I go on a ride. With a 150 to 200 mile range it works great. To fill my bike I use a nospill push button 2 1/2 gal can. I got mine at an ace hard ware. These are easy to use without spilling a drop. (NOSPILL.COM).

Steve in CA

It is a pain but I grab a couple of paper towels and hold the boot up so I can fill slowly. I hold it away from the tank enough so I can see it when it is full.

rickster

I use the GasCard to hold the rubber boot out of the way. I bought the plastic one about 5 years ago and it is still good. It allows me to look into the tank while pumping. I bought this when I had my CTX which wasn't bad to fill up. My BMW RT is a nightmare to fill without the card. https://www.aerostich.com/gascard.html