CTX7000 performance

philjw47

Hi to all. Good to find like minded people. Just bought a 2017 CTX700 DCT, 24k on the ODO.
Runs rough throughout the auto mode, It does seem to act a little better in manual where I can control the rpm. Punch the throttle in any gear at any speed, it hesitates and accelerates slowly. The dealer service dept says it is all normal for this bike and I am just not used to it. I've been riding over 50 years and have a well tuned bs meter. Never seen or read anything about this being normal. Any thoughts would be welcome from experienced riders. Thanks.

BobWitte

I suggest you find another service department. Although mine is a manual, the CTX engine has plenty of punch and is as smooth as Jiffy Peanut Butter.

philjw47

Thanks for the input. I expected that to be true. The dealer will do a "tune up", even though they claim there is nothing wrong. We'll see.

treborniv

Hi to all. Good to find like minded people. Just bought a 2017 CTX700 DCT, 24k on the ODO.
Runs rough throughout the auto mode, It does seem to act a little better in manual where I can control the rpm. Punch the throttle in any gear at any speed, it hesitates and accelerates slowly. The dealer service dept says it is all normal for this bike and I am just not used to it. I've been riding over 50 years and have a well tuned bs meter. Never seen or read anything about this being normal. Any thoughts would be welcome from experienced riders. Thanks.
I also have CTX 700 DCT. Always drive in sport mode as in D mode it feel like the engine is lugging and has poor acceleration. Do like auto transmission as I have never ended up in 3 at a stoplight which has spared me a lot of embarrassment of the line. Can still shift down manually. Still getting used to no clutch and have a habit of grabbing for a non existent lever.

philjw47

treborniv: thanks for your reply. you have stated my experience exactly. Some times its the rider that needs the tune up. That said, the dealer (shout out to the sales and service at Aiken Motorcycles, SC) did a full 24K maintenance and then some to get a satisfied customer. That level of concern is not always that easy to find. A fun bike for sure but still missing my FJR that went on trade.