Black all-leather Russell Day Long saddle with Grasshopper backrest (perfect) $365

orhiker

This is the famous leather RDL saddle made by Bob Witte: originally from a BMW RDL (clearly not used enough to be broken-in yet), and put on a CTX saddle pan. Includes a Grasshopper backrest for the driver. (Currently $880 + $325 for backrest at www.day-long.com website w/September delivery)

I'm 5'9, 30" inseam, 170#. Apparently I have a small caboose, because my cheeks stay inside the two wings, keeping me from getting the famous RDL support. (As a side note, Bob says his caboose is large enough that he hung over the wings, making it inappropriate for him, too.) I'd suggest someone of my weight who's wider at the bottom, or else weighs from ~200-275lbs is the proper next owner. @BobWitte says he's happy to take questions, given that he built it.

How it was made and MANY PICS: https://www.ctx700forum.com/threads...mods-customizations.45113/page-30#post-923455

It'll go back into Bob's shipping carton (which he made smaller to save freight). Just looking to get my cost back, so asking $365, with freight on you. (I'm in Oregon. As an FYI, shipping from Florida to me was $80).

Attachments

• Witte1.jpg
    Witte1.jpg
    827.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Witte2.jpg
    Witte2.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

greasemonkey93

I'll buy it, although it sounds like I'm the same size as you. I've tried both Corbin sizes, and am back to my original seat that was re-done by a lesser known guy.

Send me an email.
-jack