Adjusting chain slack on DCT

Wingfree

I am still making friends with my new CTX 700 A/D. It is new to me although it is a 2014 with 5500 miles. In reading the owner's manual, it says this procedure (adjusting the drive chain slack) requires a special tool. I suspect that this has to relate to the wheel speed sensor (just a guess). Reading Section 3, pages 13 through 16 on my downloaded Service Manual I see no mention of a special tool required for this procedure. Has anyone had any experience in this area. good or bad let me know. Thank you.

rbrandel

I am still making friends with my new CTX 700 A/D. It is new to me although it is a 2014 with 5500 miles. In reading the owner's manual, it says this procedure (adjusting the drive chain slack) requires a special tool. I suspect that this has to relate to the wheel speed sensor (just a guess). Reading Section 3, pages 13 through 16 on my downloaded Service Manual I see no mention of a special tool required for this procedure. Has anyone had any experience in this area. good or bad let me know. Thank you.
Tools include metric sockets to loosen axle nut, and wrench for loosening and tightening adjuster nut. Also, a ruler or measuring device to measure up and down play in chain. Specialty convenience measuring tools are available but not necessary. I found You tube videos very helpful for first time. They also will tell you socket and wrench sizes that I can't remember.